roses

roses

Friday, January 03, 2014

Damn this weather.

From Here
Currently, it is terribly, terribly cold outside. I am sitting here at the computer wrapped up in a fleece shawl and sipping hot tea whilst thinking warm thoughts. It is doing precious little to warm me up right now. Winter storm Hercules has blown through and left a significant amount of snow out there.

The boys were excited when the property manager showed up to run his snow plow through the driveway. They were also squealing with glee when one of the neighbors fired up the old snow blower and took a whack at getting the white stuff off the sidewalk.

For my part, I just want it to warm up to freezing. The day has been cold enough that the apartment has not gotten out of the mid sixties in temperature. This has had the effect of the boys actually keeping their shirts on today. I suppose that is one good thing I can point to out of this whole mess. Snuggle Bug even kept his new sweater on today.

I have been busily at work drafting articles up for my Veiled Witch blog. I am optimistic that my work on that blog will prove helpful to somebody out there. I really want to try to get this whole working professionally as an author going into high gear. At the same time, I have been really struggling with this fear that I'm not good enough.

From Here
I am doing my best not to pay those thoughts any mind. I tell myself that they're the mental equivalent of my muscles complaining when I am exercise. I'm doing my best to soldier onward with the 'no pain, no gain' approach. I would be lying if I said that it was easy.

It is crap yourself terrifying, to be perfectly honest.

Still, I am going to do it because it needs done.
Shield up and push forward.

No comments: