roses

roses

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Veggie burgers are not that bad.

For lunch today, I had the remainder of my veggie calzone from Mark's Pizza. When I finished it, I was still hungry. Since I finished the last of my tofurky, I decided that I was going to try out the veggie burgers that I picked up. I put a little bit of the left over marinara sauce I had from the calzone on it. I have to say, this was really a good decision. I actually think this would be something that even Beloved would enjoy.

I don't have a picture of my lunch from the last few days. I want to start documenting what I make myself for my vegetarian lunches. Partly because I really don't have enough pictures on this blog and partly because it helps motivate me. It is now a full week into eating vegetarian lunches and breakfasts everyday. I think it is part of the reason why I have a bit more energy, to be honest.

I don't know if I have lost any weight doing this. Next week I see my therapist. While I'm at that appointment, I'm going to borrow their scale to check my weight. Starting next Monday, I am going to be doing fifteen minutes of exercise every day. The weather is just too cold for me to be going out and walking two miles a day. When it warms up, though, I am definitely going to start doing that again.

I want to drop fifty pounds by the end of the year. That makes a little over a pound a week. I have been looking at different strategies for how to do that. I like the idea of little changes that accumulate to big ones. I remember reading that if you lose your extra weight gradually that it is more likely to stay off. That is my goal.

I figure stuff like veggie burgers for lunch will help me lose that weight and possibly lower my cholesterol. I have a fairly low cholesterol diet to begin with but I really want to knock that down lower. The family history of high cholesterol coupled with the fact that I had my gall bladder out really means that I don't process it as well as other people.

When I eat foods that are high in cholesterol they don't agree well with my stomach. I'm adjusting my diet and trying to do the 'eat like your diabetic' thing. It's been kinda rough because I get the urge to snack fairly regularly. I think I still need to adjust my grocery shopping habits to take that kind of thing into consideration. I had way too much junk food yesterday and I want to avoid that.

I want to make that delightful bar of chocolate that I have sitting in the fridge last me until next week. That is one of my little goals right now. I figure if I can wean myself off of high sugar content foods, that can only do me good. That, however, is what I'm up to right now.

No comments: