roses

roses

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

15 min turned into 1.5 hrs

 So, FlyLady's Flight Plan for today included a mission to clean 15 min in the zone of the day, which is the living room. Specifically, the mission was to pick up things that didn't belong in the living room and put them where they were supposed to go.

I did a bit more then that. To the left are the before shots of the main spaces of the living room. I picked up some of the toy cars before taking the first one and then remembered I wanted to start documenting my progress with FlyLady.
 This is actually an improvement over how the room was a few days ago. With everybody being sick most of the last few weeks, all of the cleaning piled up. I think the living room was the worst offender, to be honest.

So, I snapped a few pictures and then put on some music and set to work. I started out focusing on picking up one corner of the room and working my way around the room counter clock wise. Widdershins to banish the mess, why not, right?
 I paused for a little bit to eat a quick lunch (that ultimately proved insufficient with all the cleaning I was doing). I didn't bother snapping a picture of my lunch because I was pretty much eating all the veggies that were left over from dinner over the last few nights.

The corner toy storage area is improved, though looking at this picture I realize that I missed some stuff. I think, however, it will be a simple matter of telling the boys now they need to 'help' clean up before they get to play with the blanket fort.
 I still have laundry to fold and put away, but that is no big deal. I am more then a little bit confident that the laundry will be a fairly straight forward affair this afternoon.

Tomorrow's laundry run, however, is going to be a lot of work. I didn't get the wash done this weekend and just wasn't up to doing it this morning. So, tomorrow is laundry day. If I had enough laundry baskets, I would fold everything as I took it out of the dryer.

The days of being able to fit all our laundry into two baskets, however, are long gone.

No comments: