roses

roses

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crochet stuff.

Crochet for sanity's sake is underway! To the right is the messenger bag that I am making. It is just freehanded, no patterns involved at all. I'm using up some yarn that I had sitting in the project room. I am more then a little bit certain that there is not enough black yarn to make the rest of the bag black, but that's ok. I figure I'll do a few more rounds with the black and then switch to the gold. When I get near the top, I'll alternate between the gold and the black a bit.
To the left is the sock I am making with the Adironack sock pattern from Interweave. I am using Lion Brand's Sock-Ease yarn in their Toffey colorway. I'm not completely thrilled with the yarn but I like how the pattern is working up. I think if I'm going to do this again, I will be making it up with the Cotton Candy colorway. The dark blue and the occasional sections of slate colored yarn makes it hard to see the stitch definition under normal indoor lighting.

I have started the process of acquiring the yarn I need to make blankets for the Danger Duo. I have also begun looking over patterns. I am drawn to the Moorish Mosaic afghan pattern. I really like the way it comes together. I have also been considering taking the quilt pattern Grandmother's Flower Garden and adapting it for a crochet blanket. Along the lines of adapting a quilt pattern for use, I have been considering using the Log Cabin block too.

One blanket is going to be heavy on the shades of pink. The other is going to have more purples in it. I just can't decide what I'm going to do for these. Either way, the blankets are going to be modular so that I can carry sections with me to work on them. I don't want to be lugging around a huge blanket when the weather gets hot.

Oh, speaking of quilt patterns, I have decided that I am going to make another needlepoint sampler. This one is going to be like the one that I made years ago and had gotten stolen. I will be drawing on the canvas several traditional quilt blocks and then stitching them in. I'll be posting up pictures of these projects as I work on them. Right now, I am still in the planning stages. I figure in about a week or two, I should have these planned out and be ready to start working on them.

I have no idea what I'll be doing for the other girls. I'm sure I will figure something out. I'm crafty like that. And I have the whole year to think of something.

No comments: