roses

roses

Friday, January 31, 2014

Week One: Success!

Today's vegetarian lunch consisted of a salad with baby carrots, kumato, 'zesty' sprouts, and a combination of cottage and mozzarella cheese on a bed of baby mixed greens. I topped it all off with some balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  On the whole, it was fairly tasty. I found myself feeling full after about two thirds of this tasty dish. Not too shabby for throwing it together on the basis of what I had left kicking around in the fridge.




I didn't snap pictures of yesterday or the day before's lunches because those were made by Mark's Pizza. Tuesday was just random stuff I had in the fridge. Nothing terribly attractive there. My salad for Monday, however, was pretty good. Another kumato, more baby carrots, 'zesty sprouts, and baby greens topped with some italian dressing.

That is some peppered tofurky. You can't really see it, but there is some mozzarella on this salad too. Again, fairly tasty and quite filling.




Sunday's lunch was a twice baked potato with sour cream and cheese. I also had some broccoli with it and some of those 'zesty' sprouts. (I got through most of the package before I hit any of those radish sprouts in there. I was kinda disappointed with that.) The tofurky here is the hickory smoked variety. It was ok but I think it was better with some kind of dressing or mustard on it.

All in all, I am pleased with the progress I am making on sticking to this healthier diet.

s

No comments: