roses

roses

Saturday, January 11, 2014

January Beer Tasting: Pine in the Neck

So, as I said at one point last year, I am going to start doing entries on beers that I have in my exploration of this range of alcohol. Right now, I have a chilled glass of Blue Moon's Pine in the Neck. It is a double crafted India Pale Ale with juniper berries. I'm not very familiar with IPA, so please bear with me.

This stuff has a palate clearing sharpness that kinda hits you square in the face. It's not entirely unpleasant but I don't think I'll be getting another bottle. The juniper is very present. I find that this stuff has a strong flavor of hops (which I think is typical of IPA, but I'm not entirely sure). It does linger on the palate a bit but not excessively so.

It did NOT go well with the tacos I made for dinner tonight. If I were to pair this with something, I would go with a nice sirloin stake and mashed potatoes. I have been reading some about IPA and this seems to be a fairly standard run of the mill IPA.

Score: 5/10

No comments: