roses

roses

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

ChocoLOVE!

The little grocery store in Livonia, NY, near where I live, carries this brand of chocolates called Chocolove. I figured that chocolate is chocolate. That said, I was in the mood for some when I stopped there in the course of running all over the countryside doing errands today. I have learned the error of my ways.

Chocolove is more then the Hershey's Special Dark. Imagine something like the fancy imported chocolates for the prices of a Special Dark bar. That's what this stuff is. It says on the package that they use Belgian chocolate. I have to say, you can really taste the difference. This stuff is amazingly good.

I'm half tempted to take Beloved's bar and hide it so that I can eat it later. I am not going to do that, however, because I love him and I want to not create marital strife over a bit of sweets. My goodness, this Chocolove bar is wonderful. It's just what I needed after the whirlwind today was.

I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up after a few hours of sleep and then was wide awake for several hours. It wasn't stress keeping me up. I just couldn't fall back to sleep. When I finally did get back to sleep, I had some weird dreams about reliving my childhood as an adult. It was strange and for some reason involved zombies and bloody plants. As in, plants covered in blood. It was gruesome but not terrifying.

I'm sure if I wanted to, I could pull all kinds of meanings out of that. I'm not going to, however, because I feel like bragging about the sheer volume of stuff I got done today. I washed a mountain of laundry, resolved the storage issue for the recycling stuff, and took care of some housekeeping related stuff with my Etsy shop. I also mended what has become my favorite pair of jeans.

I stuck to my diet today, even in the face of the temptation of McDonald's. I will confess, however, I was a little bit wicked and had some cheap chocolate as I was waiting for the laundry to finish drying. Out of my choices, though, I did pick the stuff that had the highest amount of good for me stuff to it. I blame Beloved for turning me on to the chocolate-peanut butter combination. I did surprise myself because I couldn't get through the whole candy bar. Perhaps this whole dieting thing is working.

My plan is when I go to see my psychiatrist next month, I'm going to weigh myself. I figure if I do a monthly weigh in, I won't obsess over the number and focus more on putting healthier habits into place. Right now, I'm focusing on portion control and what type of foods I eat. Next month, I'm going to start adding in more exercise.

No comments: