roses

roses

Wednesday, November 01, 2023

NaBloPoMo Post No. 1 - Just rambling about bursitis. It sucks.

 I'm not entirely sure what to write in here today. Yesterday was a rotten day. The weather was cold and rainy. We had appointments at opposite ends of the county that I barely got us to on time. I had slept awful the night before because of a persistent ache in my shoulder that started that night. I figured I had shoulder checked a door frame and popped my shoulder out of place again as they day went on and the pain grew worse.

So, after we picked up Beloved from work, the kids were allowed to hang out at home as long as they behaved. (They did, but they completely forgot their bed time routine with the novelty of having the run of the apartment for an hour and a half.) Beloved brought me over to the Urgent Care clinic in the next town over. After some gentle poking and prodding, it was determined that I have bursitis in my right shoulder. This makes things challenging.

My right arm is my dominant arm. While I have this bursitis business going on, I am limited in my range of motion, but I can't wear a sling or I'll wind up with a frozen shoulder. I am finding out the hard way that I can't do things like pick up a full jug of milk. And reaching to the top shelf in the kitchen cabinets is painful. And getting out my cast iron to make dinner ... that's a tactical NOPE there, Ghostrider.

The most frustrating part of this is the fact that I can't do much more than write in my journal or type on here. My kitchen is a straight up disaster from the fact I was sick for two and a half months. I've got a ton of laundry that needs put away. And it doesn't count the other tasks that I have to get done. I tried washing some dishes. I did light stuff, like plastic and silverware. Now my shoulder is registering a formal complaint at full volume. Capslock is my body's native language. Ugh.

No comments: