roses

roses

Monday, November 06, 2023

Nablopomo Post No. 4 - The Weekend Sucked.

 Both Saturday and Sunday, I woke up stupid early (i.e. 0230) and couldn't fall back to sleep. I wound up knitting for an hour Saturday in the small hours of the morning, hoping it would bore me to sleep. On Sunday, I was doing crochet for an hour. Neither settled my mind and relaxed me enough so I could go to sleep. I resigned myself to being awake for the day at 0330, approximately. Well, Sunday it was again 0230. Either way I was highly annoyed.

The kids behaved well. I felt physically weird and couldn't figure out why. The bursitis in my right shoulder had cleared up, thankfully. But I just didn't feel right and was extra hungry for no apparent reason. Sunday morning that reason became clear - I had a wicked migraine. This shot down Beloved's plans to hang out with his mom and learn how to make a pie crust. He had been looking forward to this for about two weeks.

I spent half of Sunday curled up in a dark room with a blindfold on just to make sure no light was going to stab me in the face. This was one of the rare moments that I was glad the bedroom has no windows. I guess it was around 1600 when I woke up and the Imitrex had worked it's magic. I was so brain fried, however, I just wandered around the apartment.

There was a bright side to the weekend. Beloved took me out to dinner and gave me two presents for my birthday. One was a book about fairytales, folktales, and myths. The other was the accompanying deck of tarot cards. The spot where the old Greek restaurant was is the new location for the Mexican restaurant that we really enjoy.

We happened to sit by chance in our old booth. Things were a little slow because they were busy, but we managed to make it a bit of a romantic moment reminiscing about the early years of our romance. And, for bonus points, the kids did well hanging out at home with a pizza. So, maybe we'll do this again. As long as I don't have a migraine kick my feet out from under me.

No comments: