roses

roses

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Nablopomo post no. 11? - almost a week behind, ugh.

 It has been an eventful several days, namely between my shoulder acting up and medical crap. I got a phone call from the CPAP monitoring people associated with the pharmacy/medical supply group that I picked it up at. They said that I had to use it a minimum of 4 hours every night for insurance purposes. I explained that we were still rearranging furniture in the smol bedroom that I have so that we could set it up. Last night, all of that got sorted out and we set up the CPAP. 

It was supposed to help me sleep. It did not. I woke up several times with an exceedingly dry mouth and just feeling rotten. The sleep report said that the mouth seal of the mask was bad. I kept trying to adjust it when I woke and nothing seemed to work. I literally have no clue what I'm doing. What I do know is that the humidifier on the thing is just about empty after one night's use. The air in the apartment is too dry. I have an ancient room humidifier that I could put in the living room to get some more moisture in the air, but I don't know how well that will work.

Liberal application of icy hot and gentle stretches of my left shoulder seems to be helping. It's been an uncomfortable last few days. I started the Trulicity Saturday morning. I don't think I did the injection right because I heard some kind of a squirting noise as I removed the needle. I have a feeling that a good portion of the medicine ran down my stomach because I have been seeing my blood sugar creep higher. I still am not feeling like I'm starving, so I know it is in my system. But the higher blood sugar makes me exhausted.

And did I mention I had to cancel the boys' therapy appointments today because of a migraine. It's not been a good day. I wanted to get some writing done and get caught up. I don't think getting caught up is going to happen.

No comments: