roses

roses

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Nablopomo post no. 13 - Pumpkin Pecan Pie is Delicious.

 As Beloved were working on our plot to basically take over thanksgiving cooking so that all his parents had to do was sit and enjoy themselves, he discovered the cook book my Aunt and her wife made back in the mid-1990s as Yule presents for the whole family. He drooled over many items and then he saw the Pumpkin Pecan Pie. It had been so many years since I had a slice I couldn't remember the taste of it. He decided that aside from the diabetic friendly dressing that had been requested, we were going to make a diabetic friendly version of that pie.

He took his first crack at it right after learning how to make a pie crust from his Mom. I warned him that sugar subs. lie when they say you can measure them 1:1 for sugar in baking. It's a 1:2 ratio. I found that out the hard way a few years back trying to make cookies. We agreed that corn syrup is liquid sugar and we should try to avoid it. The attempt to keep the pecan topping to one side of the pie didn't exactly work. I blame the corn syrup. So, now I'm on the hunt for a sugar free/low carb replacement for corn syrup.

We each had a sliver of the pumpkin half of the pie and it came out great. Then I mentioned that I found a recipe for crustless pumpkin pie and that apple crisp is actually diabetic friendly. Beloved's mother said we had to bring the crustless pumpkin pie too.

So, I think I need to buy a new pie plate. lol

No comments: