roses

roses

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sheesh...

I'm sitting here listening to Jay Leno fail at being funny.

The whole experience simply reminds me as to why I don't bother watching late night TV. Aside from that, I made the foolish decision to watch the democratic debate prior to the primary in Pennsylvania. Looking at that decision, I'm reminded again why I don't bother watching politics on television as well. Actually, to be honest, all of the stuff I've seen on TV recently has bored, disappointed, or disgusted me.

Between the inane commercials and the alarmist news reports, I can't really say that I have found any redeeming value to television. I watch the news because I don't subscribe to the local newspaper. I'm inclined to just get my news from the internet and just stop bothering all together with the drivel that they call TV programming. The morning talkshows generally serve as background noise.

...

Wow! I didn't expect it... Ok, this is entertaining for no reason relating to Leno at all.

Who knew that Charles Barkley sounded like Gomer Pyle? I know that I didn't! I'm sitting here almost ready to giggle as he's talking to Leno. It's just impossible to take seriously, especially with things like him saying that the state of Alabama needs his help. It's just sad.

Am I a bad person? I still can't stop giggling at the idea of Gomer Pyle in an elected office. :)

No comments: