roses

roses

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hmm... this is unusual.

I'm not typically a morning person but here I am wide awake. I think I fell asleep at about 3 am last night. I say last night because the sun wasn't up, so it doesn't count as morning. :) Anyways, I am running on about four hours of sleep, maybe four and a half hours of sleep. Yet, I'm quite alert and even in a cheerful mood. Perhaps this will continue thru the rest of the day. If it does, fantastic. :) I may even sleep well tonight, if that's the case.

But, this is not terribly unusual. No, the thing that is unusual is how loud my son snores. I have heard him snoring before and have thought it a little odd. I asked the doctor about it and he said that it was ok, that was at the boy's 3 month check up. Then, I suppose it was last month or the checkup before that one, I asked again. At that point in time, he suggested that if the little darling wasn't showing signs of a cold that it *could* be allergies.

So, I've been trying to keep things cleaned up more in the way of getting rid of dust and such. I'm honestly quite happy that my husband has been helping out more with the vacuuming around here. (I feel foolish but I worry that I'm going to have an asthma attack using this bagless vacume and that's what stops me. It probably shouldn't but it does.) I've been trying to get more dusting done and make sure that the air around here isn't as dry as it has been. All pretty much as the doctor suggested.

There really hasn't been much change with my son's snoring. It actually seems to be getting a little worse. That, however, I believe is my worry speaking. One thing that has remained consistant here in all of this is my husband's smoking. I hate to think that the doctor is right and that this is due to my husband's smoking. I feel like it would just make life more difficult for my husband. He already has a lot to worry about and he has made so much progress on improving his health as it is.

He's cut down quite a bit on his smoking over the last several months. I'm quite proud of him. And he's been getting more exercise, even trying to make his diet become more healthy. On one hand, I realize that I am probably worrying too much about adding to his stress. At the same time, however, I don't want to make life more difficult for everyone then it has to be. In all of this, though, I need to recognize that putting the boy's well being before the comfort of everyone in the home is necessary. It's just one of the things we all signed on for when we decided that we were ready to have a baby.

So, I suppose, what needs to happen is I need to find a way for us to afford or otherwise manage to get my husband the help he needs to quit smoking. Our good friends Jerry and Jamie have quit. They're doing fantastic and have made alot of positive changes in their lives as well. They've been encouraging and supportive to my husband in his efforts to make the same kinds of changes in his life as well. Perhaps I should contact these people, like they did. Maybe we qualify for thier assistance as well.

No comments: