roses

roses

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I need a vacation!

I suppose it makes sense that the kid wakes up at the crack of dawn. It's the first whisper of daylight and he's awake. A little while later, the boy plays and then he begins to scream because he wants attention. Mama and Daddy, of course, are not allowed to sleep in, as the purpose of our existence is to attend his whims.

I would love an escape from the duties and responsibilities of my life right now. A weekend off from housework, child care, and all of the other myriad of things I have to deal with on a daily basis would be fantastic. I think, however, that might be asking too much at the moment. Somedays, I think that it would be fantastic if I could just wake up to a clean house. I could deal with my son's temper-tantrums better if I didn't have to attempt to navigate my way thru a maze of toys and laundry to get anywhere in this place, I suspect.

And when the boy is down for the night and sleeping, I look around and see the pile of papers that need to be sorted, answered, and filed. Thank gods that I at least got the bills paid this week. The sewing machine is sitting on the table, waiting patiently, as is the laundry basket under the table full of clothes that need mending and fabric for baby clothes that needs cut and sewn waiting as well. I see my writing projects heaped around the computer. The never ending mass of dishes, where the only change is the number of them dirty at that precise moment.

I try, I really do try, to keep the fact that I have the life I wanted, that I dreamed about as a child right now. Right at this moment, however, it's very difficult to feel greatful and blessed when I am incredibly fustrated and angry with how my efforts to keep a clean house seem to be for nothing. Heck, it seems like what I do all day is as effective as sitting on my ass doing nothing. And then, I spend a day doing nothing and discover that I was wrong, I'm just barely keeping ahead of a monstrosity of a disaster.

No comments: