roses

roses

Monday, July 02, 2007

No, I have not fallen off the edge of the earth!

Life has just grabbed a hold of me and refused to let go. I'm sure that you all know exactly what that's like.

I'm not sure what to say right now. The last month of school went well and now the summer break, and my maternity leave, has begun. I'm feeling nervous about financial things, but I think I'm not going to panic. I've been reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book and finding myself reassured that hubby and I are not as bad off as I was worried we were. I was also rather amazed to read that so many people have damned themselves with credit cards.

I've got to admit it, hubby was right when he decided to ban credit cards. I kinda argued with him for a little while, thinking we should have one 'just in case.' As I've read these anecdotes about how other people have used that 'emergency' credit card, I realized that was probably one of the best financial decisions we've made so far. While the budget is going to be tight over the next year, I am forced to say, we're doing alot better then we could be. If we didn't own our car or if we had a massive mortgage that we were barely making payments on before, I think we'd be hosed.

Money concerns have been giving me a little bit of insomnia of late. Mainly, however, my waking up in the dead of the night has been due to alot of heartburn and gas from the baby. I never realized just how much I enjoyed being able to easily roll over and change my position in bed until it has become difficult to do. :p I'm officially into the beginning of my 8th month of pregnancy. I apologize to all of you wonderful folks who want pictures of my big belly and me. Hopefully, those will be up soon, but I'm honestly not sure. Life has made things difficult and stressful for hubby due to work. As a result, the bit of tweaking required to post pictures on the 'net from his digital camera or to print them off has been bogged down by his efforts to 'decompress' from work.

Maybe I can con him into doing that soon, I don't know. I'm waiting to see how much of the stress is going away since that huge, maddening government project they were working on is finished. I'm happy that big headache is resolved and things are getting back to 'normal' over where my darling husband works. Mondays are still bad days, but I don't think they're quite so bad. I'm not sure, though, because some days it seems like he can't win for all of his effort on a Monday. I think today was one of those days, judging by how his phone call with me went a few minutes ago.

I'm thinking and I'm not sure what else to post in here. I don't really have any deep thoughts or major breakthroughs to present at the moment. I've been slowly making progress on crocheting baby clothes, despite the errors in the patterns given in the various books I've been consulting. It's amazing what you can do when you have some one who actually knows how to crochet explaining to you the mistakes the 'professionals' who wrote the book made and how to correct them. Some of these professionals really, really need to learn how to count. I may have a math learning disability, but I know that 15 does not equal 45 when you add 3 to it. It just doesn't work! Who knows, maybe the book editor was asleep when that edition went to press.

If we can figure out enough time to post pictures up here, I'll try to slap up some of the different baby related projects I'm working on. The big baby blanket is 3/4 of the way done. I have finally finished sketching out the designs for the different teddy bears and now I just have to embroider them on. So far, it is coming out very well and it actually looks fairly cute. I've yet to master the arcane art of knitting, but if I'm given a little time, I think I can do it! Then, maybe, I'll knit a few blankets and some clothes too.

The baby is healthy and kicking alot. I guess that's normal for this point in time. We've been told by the sonagram techs at my last ultrasound that we're having a boy. Mom's told me not to believe that because my sister-in-law was told the same thing for all three of her pregnancies, and they have three adoreable little girls. We've picked out some names that we like and now it's just a matter of getting the official word on the gender. I'm thankful that hubby didn't insist on the name Aloysius. I've always hated that name. I think it was because of a character that I despised or a book that I despised reading in high school.

I can't think of anything more now and I really should go clean some. The kitchen looks like it exploded from when dinner was made for my parents over the weekend. It was great to see them and great to get their help fixing up a few problems, but I just don't want to go wash dishes. Oh well, no time like the present to take care of problems, I suppose.

No comments: