roses

roses

Thursday, July 19, 2007

update upon the mood front

I'm not feeling as upset/depressed as I was earlier. I suppose the combination of a nap, a shower, and spending some quality time with my husband is what did it. I'm still unhappy that my friends won't be able to make it to the baby shower, but that's how life goes sometimes. I don't know if I had noted the fact that I've started an on-line business or not. I suppose if I hadn't I just did. :)

I've finally taken the big plunge and stared an on-line tarot reading business thru Keen.com, despite my anxiety. So far, it has been slow going. I've got the beginnings of a web-page designed. My dear and darling husband is going to fix it up so that it actually looks presentable. There will be a picture of me up on the listing and on the web-page. I've started another blog just for this little business of mine. On the whole, I've got a some what sound beginning set up.

I've even actually had a few callers. Generally, it's been a lot less complicated then I was concerned it would be. I must admit, it is pretty amusing that I had dragged out my old text books from the class that I took at college for mass media writing. It included a section on advertising, which I have reviewed and am attempting to apply towards things like the website I am building with my husband's help. It is my hope that I will build up a reasonable bit of advertising and such so that I can have a somewhat regular check coming in from this.

The way my husband and I figure it, if I can get to a point where I can have a regular customer base and a flexible schedule, I should be able to continue doing this after the baby is born. The grand experiment of selling items on Craigslist.com has not panned out very well for me. It would be really nice if it did, but I'm afraid to say that I'm not offering anything interesting enough for sale to get any buyers. I could theoretically be making and selling baby booties, but I just don't want to take the effort I'm using for making baby clothes and spend it on some one else's baby, unless they are a friend of mine. It may sound a bit selfish or perhaps mean-spirited but it's how I feel. I'll post more about the baby clothes stuff in a little bit.

No comments: