roses

roses

Monday, July 09, 2007

hmm...

Somebody must have told the marketing folks here at Blogger about my penchant for collecting and reading cookbooks.

I just found at least six different cooking related blogs displayed as "blogs of note" for me to review via the links at the dashboard page. Some of the items looked wonderful. Others, well... they weren't quite my style, but it was interesting to read about them.

I'm an odd person, I suppose. I've started to keep a cooking journal of sorts. It's really just a few notebooks of recipes. Some day, I'll actually write down some thoughts about the recipes, aside from what substitutions work best and which ones my husband likes. I've started one for my girlfriend Lionessa. At some point, I really should get over there to give it to her. I think she'll enjoy it a lot.

I love to write and I'm finding that I've a budding love of cooking. I just wish that I didn't abhor the cleaning up part quite so much. I think it would make my culinary adventures easier then. There's still that pile of dishes in the other room and I suspect that 78% is probably about as cool as it is going to get tonight. This may be the best time to go wash dishes and get a few things ready so that we can actually have dinner at home tomorrow night. I just don't know if I feel motivated enough ... no, not motivated... I don't know what the right word for it is. Ah well, I think I'll be procrastinating on dishes for yet another hour of insomnia... as I suspect I'm not going to really sleep at all tonight.

No comments: