roses

roses

Monday, July 09, 2007

insomnia, anyone?

Here I am, sitting here at the computer when I really should be sleeping. I don't really have a reason to be awake right now. My darling husband is actually sleeping quietly and peacefully. He's even managing not to take pillows or push me off the bed, as he does some times (usually about 4 in the morning). The baby's not kicking a lot. The air conditioner is doing wonders and making the bedroom actually comfortable for sleeping.

I just can't sleep.

Instead, I find my mind wandering. I think I've mentally sung the lyrics to about six different country songs over the last two hours. I can't seem to manage to get into that relaxed sleepy state that I was in when I first went to go lay down. Ironically, now that I'm up and typing here at the computer, I've actually got a bit of heartburn. :P I was comfy and all, I just couldn't make my brain quiet down.

If I wasn't singing country songs in my head, I was wondering if it was going to rain tonight. I was staring out the window counting the number of cars driving by based on the glare of the headlights against the bit of the roof that overhangs the bedroom window. I was wondering how my husband was sleeping, hoping that his dreams weren't stressful. Given that he's not snoring, tossing, turning, or muttering in his sleep, I don't think I've got anything to worry about there.

I debated going and washing the small mountain of dishes that needs done right now. I think the noise of it would wake my husband up, though. It's been a while since he's gotten a good night's sleep. I worry about him sometimes. Well, more often then sometimes. I can't really help worrying about him. It's not that he's got a dangerous job or anything else crazy like that. He's just been really stressed out of late with work and he's been a bit panicked over my well being since the whole business with my appendix back in January/February. It makes it where he doesn't sleep well.

It's hard to believe that I'm now 8 months pregnant. I'm finding myself feeling nothing of the excitement that so many other women have or the nervousness that I'm being told that I should be. I haven't been too uncomfortable with this pregnancy. Sure, it's ackward and I really would like it if my ankles didn't swell up like balloons when the weather got hot or I was standing for a while. The sore back and now the sore hip are also feelings I could probably do with out, but it's not too crippling.

I kinda wish that I had a few more pictures of myself as this pregnancy progressed, but life got in the way of that happening. It always seems to happen that way, life getting in the way of plans and projects. I've gotten a fair amount of sewing done, even some crochet for the baby's clothes. I don't like this one pattern for leggings. I'm half tempted to rip the work out and just make something different with the yarn. It's not the best idea, though, because I'm so close to having these goofy things done. It's just the difficulty of getting the one leg finished properly for the back of the leggings. Once one is finished, the second leg just whips right along. Then I'll just need to stitch them together and make the shoulder straps.

I'm going to be making some baby sweaters, caps, and mittens. Hubby wants me to use this rather garishly colored yarn to make an outfit for the baby. It'll match the little lap blanket that I've been working on for hubby, so I'm not going to object too much. I bought the yarn back in December, shortly after I learned I was pregnant, and I thought that as I worked with it the colors would settle out into a rainbow pattern. I was wrong, as I found out making baby booties for coworkers back in June. It makes this (hideous, in my opinion; cool, in his) tie-dyed/melted crayon effect to the fabric that blends these bright colors together. While I want to use bright colors and I am willing to put some unusual color combinations together, this is just too much for me. Hubby, however, loves the combination and just about begged me to make some clothes for the baby with this yarn.

So, I went out to the store and bought more of this yarn. His lap blanket/afghan will be done soon and I'll make the clothes next. I'm not using the dopey pattern that is in my book, though. It's driving me crazy because I swear that these people can not count. I've been trying to correct for their errors but it's getting rather aggrivating. I'm thinking that I'll probably make a nice little shawl for me, too. I won't be doing the screamingly obnoxious color combinations that range from a deep wine color to the bright shade of the inside of a cooked acorn squash. And those two colors are right next to each other on this skein of yarn! :P

I have a big skein of garnet colored yarn that I think I will be using. I just need to decide on the pattern. Here's hoping that it will be done better then this pattern for the leggings. :p

No comments: