roses

roses

Thursday, May 30, 2019

1112

Some how, I hit 1111 posts and didn't realize it until today. I would have made my most more meaningful if I had realized it was a nifty number like that. I am eyeballs deep in line edits on book four of the fantasy series that I've been working on. I am thankful that I have caught spelling errors and such. At the same time, this is a lot of work and I kinda wish I had the budget to do something like hire and editor and a marketing team.

My mother in law suggested I find a literary agent. I am thinking about it. I don't know where to begin or how to go about it. I find myself anxious about the idea of having an agent walk off with a manuscript. At one point, I entered into a competition that was supposed to have the winner getting a book contract. I had to fight with them and threaten legal measures to get my manuscript back. Since then, I am uneasy with the prospect of a third party handling my work.

I'm also highly annoyed that one of my digital works has been ripped off and is floating around as a pirated pdf. I'm angry but I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

No comments: