roses

roses

Friday, May 17, 2019

Deb's KAL & CAL for Charity

I'm making scarves for the homeless as one of my charity projects this year. I have two patterns I am working from right now. The first one is knitting with funfur yarn held with same colored sport weight yarn. The second one is crochet with sport weight yarn in two colors.

For the knitted scarf:
Cast on 20 stitches.
Row 1: Knit 4, purl 4, K4, P4, K4, P4, K4, P4, K4, P4
Row 2: P4, K4, P4,K4, P4,K4, P4,K4, P4,K4
Row 3: repeat R1
Row 4: Repeat R2

Row 5: Repeat R2
Row 6: Repeat R1
Row 7: Repeat R2
Row 8: Repeat R1

Continue the pattern until your scarf is of desired length. (I'm aiming for around 55 inches.)


For the crochet scarf:
With color one, chain 30 + 2

Moss stitch

Moss stitch for three inches with color one. Moss stitch for three inches with color two. Repeat the alternating color pattern until this scarf is long as you desire. (Again, I'm aiming for around 55 inches.)

ETA: I forgot to mention, I'm also making a few scarves for needy students at my kids's school. The school colors are blue and orange so that is what I'm using.

No comments: