roses

roses

Monday, June 03, 2019

First sampler of the year: All you need is love.


The lettering is simple back stitching. The big heart is needle weaving. The little hearts are each padded satin stitch. The tulip is outlined in stem stitch for each part and filled with long and short stitch. The lower half of each leaf is satin stitch. The upper half of each leaf is tied satin stitch.

This was something that I drew up free hand. Hence things being a little off center and such. Still, first one of the year is finished.

I've picked up a cross stitch pillow cover that my grandmother Barb was going to make before she passed away. It's going to be my next needle point project for a little while. I also am going to finish the cushion she started. It's just missing the final set of french knots. The problem is I have to figure out what color it is supposed to be because the paperwork for these pattern sets was missing. The tulip pillow case appears to be in pinks. But the cushion cover I can only guess what the final set of stitching was supposed to be.

I'll post pictures of this as I get going and make some progress on it. Fortunately, it isn't counted cross stitch, because I find that maddening. The printed is a bit easier, and this is fairly large so I don't need my glasses to do it.

No comments: