roses

roses

Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Fiber fluff: Preemie hats!

The spinning guild has found a hospital in Elmira, NY that is in need of preemie hats. So, I have been making those instead of washcloths. I have a half duffel bag full of washcloths that I'm trying to get rid of. I keep bringing it with me to spinning guild telling people they can take one if they want one. I'm debating putting them up on Etsy and selling them. I have a lot of them and I don't know if selling them at $2.00 is worth the cost of shipping.

I'm making preemie hats. I have been using my doll Annie as a guide. Annie is the name I gave the doll that my parents bought to get me clothes to wear when I was born, as I was a preemie. I am also using a darning egg as a guide for the micro preemie sized hats.  Pictured to the right is the pile that I donated at the last guild meeting.

Also pictured are the three scarves I made for the homeless. I have started working my way through my yarn stash between these hats and the scarves. My goal is that by the end of the year, I will be down to one laundry basket worth of yarn.

Only part of my efforts is going to include making stuff for charity. I have a shawl project that I have been meaning to make for ages. I'm finally going to work on it as soon as I get this green one that I'm designing as I go along done. I'm a quarter of the way through that.

Spinning goals are stalled because I have been doing more knitting and crochet of late. Next month, however, I'm going to start spinning in earnest. Got to get ready for Tour de Fleece.

No comments: