roses

roses

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

NaBloPoMo 19/30

In a fit of manic cleaning over the summer, I threw away the pen barrels for my very favorite pens, convinced that the nibs were lost and gone forever. I found them the next day. Which was the day after garbage pick up. I was looking on the internet for a lark to see if I could buy a replacement. I found the set for around $20. I was half tempted to buy it but then I said to myself an entirely new pen costs approximately $7.00 and will still use the ink cartridges I have.

Is it odd that I am going to ask to get a pen for yule? Is it equally odd that I'm going to ask for a package of stickers? I don't know anymore. I could jerryrig my pen nib into working with the cartridge. It's just messy and unpleasant. Just buying the pen barrel is silly at $20, but I keep thinking about how much I preferred that style of pen. The new version has a window cut into it and feels awkward in my hand.

I could always brush up on my hand lettering skills and just start writing with a dip pen.

It'd be nice to have a good fountain pen with a super narrow nib on it again. I prefer them SO much to ball point pens. At the same time, with the cheap paper in my notebooks, the fountain pens bleed through pretty intensely. Ugh.

/rambling

P.S. - I'm avoiding my children by writing with my headphones on because they're upset with me for making them put their laundry away.

No comments: