roses

roses

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wow, lame advertising!

I love the people at Blogger. The service they provide is awesome.

I question the people who are coming up with their advertising. I hadn't heard the line Guess what's cooler then a box of crayons? since when I was a kid. As in, when I was in 3rd grade was the last time I heard it, and that was because a friend of mine was showing me their brand new matchbox car. It was a burgundy colored corvette with teal racing stripes and cream colored plastic interior. I thought it was ugly but that's just me.

Seriously, what the hell is the matter with the advertising people?

I know, I know, if I know so much, why the hell didn't I go into advertising?

The answer to that is fairly simple. I hate being a lemming and I refuse to encourage other people to be lemmings as well. That seems to be the way the advertising market works and I am generally disgusted with it.

I am even more disgusted with the idea that the advertising industry has become focused on presenting things in a format that is progressively more stupid. I really don't want to purchase a product when you insult my intelligence by implying that a 18 yr old needs to worry about wrinkle cream or that using a hair dye product will suddenly make a 50 year old man look 20. Seriously, what the hell is up with that?

And why are there so many insane advertisements regarding erectile dysfunction and genital herpes on during Saturday morning cartoons? Can some one please explain that to me? Last I checked children didn't have to worry about those things! Kinda like all of the feminine hygenie products marketed at that time.

Oh, and what the fuck, are there no fathers who have an interaction with their children?

God, I hate this crap.

No comments: