roses

roses

Friday, February 12, 2021

I'm writing poetry again.

 After about five years of not writing poems on a regular basis, I've been writing poems again. I feel like most of them suck, but I am going to keep writing poems until I get back into shape again. I used to write a lot of poetry back in the day. I am going to attempt to do it on a daily basis. I'm trying to catch up on lost time because I am working towards a goal.

What might that goal be? Well, I'm attempting to have a small book of poetry done by the end of the year. The goal is to write love poems. I'm not there yet because I'm still relearning stuff aside from blank verse. I figure if I can manage to write a book of love poems and get it done by the end of the year, maybe I can hit some holiday sales with it. Long term planning is what's happening here.

The other reason why I'm writing poetry again is to get back to writing heroic style poetry so that I can add it into my novels. That is going to take a bit longer. Here's one I slapped up on Tumblr today that I feel is relatively decent.

https://ladybrythwensinclair.tumblr.com/post/642949497231638528/another-poem

No comments: