roses

roses

Saturday, February 06, 2021

Adding to my arsenal.


So, it took me literally four months to find these things. I had a set about ten years ago that I gave away. I forgot about them and then I realized that I kinda suck at knitting in the round on double pointed needles (DPNs). I picked up a sock loom thinking that I could use that on my back log of sock projects. I promptly discovered that I had no clue how to do the purl stitch on a knitting loom which I had to know in order to use the sock loom.

I sent Beloved off in search of a set of round looms. I had seen them at Wallyworld back before the pandemic began. I figured that it would be something that would be in stock. I was wrong. Everybody, their sister, and their brother went out and bought up all of them as fast as they came into stock. Same was true with some other craft supplies that I was needing to make Yule gifts. Fortunately, I am crafty and I had enough resources to come up with alternate things to make.

Last month, Beloved found me a long knitting loom. I opened up the package and read the directions. The book was ok, but it didn't cover everything I needed. I also needed a larger loom than what that long knitting loom was going to provide me for the project I had planned. So, I took a trip up to the city. I checked at the two different craft stores but it wasn't in stock. There were slots for it but not a single loom knitting kit was to be found.

Last week I had the car to run some errands while the kids were at school. I stopped at Wallyworld with the hope to find one. I got lucky and there was a single kit left on the shelf. To say the least, I snapped that up and some yarn to go with it. Now I am going to have to reteach myself how to use this thing. Next, I will take over the world with yarn. ... Ok, maybe not take over the world, but I will make more hats faster.

No comments: