roses

roses

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

This week's menu. (A day late.)

It's been a busy couple of days. The weekend was busy. Saturday was the usual business of grocery shopping and housework. Sunday, Beloved and I had a nice lunch date at a local diner while the boys hung out with their paternal grandparents and did train stuff. Then we all had homemade pizza for dinner and hung out a little longer before packing the kids up and heading home.

Yesterday was folding just about ALL of my laundry because I had gotten behind. I thought at first that it was just a few loads of laundry. Then I discovered that I vastly under estimated how much I had to fold. We wound up having leftovers for dinner because I hadn't gotten the kitchen cleaned up, because I was still folding laundry. Today, I have been working on getting that kitchen sorted out. I think I have it just about done except for a few pots that are soaking.

I'm aiming to finish up getting the bath room clean by Wednesday evening. Right now, all I have left to do in there is scrub the toilet and the tub. The real challenge is going to be dealing with the tub because it has some stains or something in there that nothing's been able to get rid of them so far. I had Beloved pick up a canister of the powdered cleanser that my parents used to use on their tub. I know that stuff can strip paint, so if I can't get the tub clean it's just beyond all hope.

Enough about this boring stuff, here's the menu. I just list out dinners because breakfast has become oatmeal with coffee and an egg every day. Lunches are pb&j sandwiches on diet bread or leftovers. The kids eat breakfast at school right now and lunch as well. And Beloved has his stand by of sandwiches and ramen soup.

Sunday: Pizza
Monday: Burgers leftovers
Tuesday: Tacos
Wednesday: Pulled Pork
Thursday: Turkey w/ dressing & cranberry sauce
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Chili

No comments: