roses

roses

Friday, March 27, 2020

Prayer shawl is complete.

It's warm and cozy, like a big hug. It is a basic rectangular shawl. Chain 90 stitches plus 3 to turn. Double crochet into the 4th chain from your hook and work DC into each stitch across. Chain 3 to turn. *DC into the second to last stitch of previous row and then across. Chain 3 to turn.* Repeat * until desired length.

As I was working on this, I was praying for serenity. I'm not sure how serene I am. But it helped with my anxiety. Which is why I am now working on another half granny square shawl. This time I am using up some of my mother-in-law's blue handspun yarn. She asked me to help make a dent into her yarn hoard and handed me stuff. After I finish the shawl, I'm going to make her a cowl and fingerless mitts out of the green yarn she gave me.

No comments: