roses

roses

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

I am officially herding cats.

Yesterday started out ok. We got through the ELA and Social Studies portion of the day with out major issues. We even did alright with the Math stuff. Things went completely haywire after lunch as I was washing dishes the boys had an epic fight. There I was, elbows deep in a basin of hot water and the kids are screaming like banshees RIGHT BEHIND ME.

Things went off the rails at that point. We were going to do a science experiment but they decided they were going to sit and read books. I was going to make banana muffins with them but they were acting out because they were bored and I wasn't comfortable with the idea of the kitchen getting destroyed because they decided it was fun to fling batter around or something.

I'm going to leave the dishes for later in the day and try just jumping from activity to activity. Maybe that will keep them from getting bored and fighting. Who knows.

No comments: