roses

roses

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Not sure what to post right now.

I have five blogs and I'm not sure what to put up on any of them. Meanwhile, in my daily planner, I have been logging the spread of COVID-19 through NY. We have our first officially confirmed case in the county. Given the lag time between when you catch this thing and when symptoms appear, I'm becoming a bit of a germophobe. I have had some people tell me that I am being morbid and overly stressing about it as I track this thing's spread. I've been told that it won't be a problem for me because I am 41 and not 80. I've been told that this is no big deal because it's just like the flu.

I am part of the set of people that the CDC and the WHO say should get help if they catch this: I have asthma and diabetes. The people who tell me that I am over reacting can go fly a kite in a thunderstorm. We're not at the peak of this thing, it's still a ways off. But we're at the point where we see exponential jumps in infection on a daily basis. If you don't believe me, go look at the chart.

Some people are bitching about the Governor's response to it. They're saying that he's over reacting. If that's the case, please discontinue reading my blog. The man's doing everything in his power to try to contain this plague. Meanwhile, in the town over there were college students partying up until recently. There are people going around saying "It's not that bad. I'm not sick." Gods only know what percentage of them are sick and haven't shown symptoms yet because this thing has a long incubation period.

I know someone is going to read this and say that I'm a nervous nelly and that I should knock it off before I disturb my children with this talk. Again, you can discontinue reading my blog. My children are informed that there is a plague. We talk about it in honest terms and how we don't know if it is in our town or not. We talk about how proper hygiene and social distancing is what's going to keep us safe. And we do our best to reassure them that things are going to be ok on the occasion where they show some nervousness.

They don't particularly enjoy home schooling right now. It is, however, giving them some order to their day. It is giving them some comfort in all of this. I'm just trying to get through the day with out a panic attack. My meds are helping but the fact that this virus has gone airborne as per the WHO's most recent update to their information pace is not helping me. I worry about what to do if I run out of medication because the pharmaceutical companies are shut down due to COVID-19. I worry about what to do if we get sick. I worry about a whole lot of things right now.

I don't have many outlets to express them where the kids are going to read it right now. Because they can read cursive. So, I post it here and hope that it gets buried in the internet's pile of blogs. Like I have on other topics.

No comments: