roses

roses

Monday, October 24, 2005

Winterizing your home is not fun.

Well, hubby and I haven't started the joy of getting our apartment ready for winter just yet. I'm starting to think that we need to do that as soon as possible. The National Weather Service has us under a Winter Storm Advisory. The projection is for the higher elevations to get between 3 and 6 inches of snow tonight and all the area to get a combination of rain and snow tomorrow.

I've got my draft doger ready. Now we put plastic sheeting up over all the windows. I make heavy curtians. And pray that the heating bills don't go up too high. :p

I really thought that we had almost a month before it got like this. I was *such* a fool for listening to the people around me. Next time, I go with the horse sense and start getting ready when the weather starts looking like it's heading south. Big, woolen looking clouds mean snow. Don't care what time of year, those clouds with snow are unmistakeable. Good thing I don't have a garden right now or all of my crop would probably be dead from the frost right now. And it was a bumper crop of apples this year, lots of big ones. Means it's going to be real cold again, just like last year.

I don't like it when it's so cold my hands hurt. Let's hope we don't get a lot of sub-zero weather. :p Especially before the actual winter hits!

No comments: