roses

roses

Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Fiber fluff: Distaff day & Final Yuletide Project


Last night I finished this fancy table scarf's embroidery. It was a difficult project because the colored portion of the pattern was printed badly over the blue base which was supposed to align everything properly. I wound up having to hold the embroidery hoop up so that I could see where the stitches were supposed to go because having the project back lit allowed me to see the blue base layer of the pattern. I would have had it done a day or two earlier if it weren't for the fact that life got a bit complicated Sunday and Monday.

Distaff day was spent stitching instead of spinning. I've been busy catching up on chores and such. I have yet to measure how much I spun last year. I don't know how close I am to my goal of 1 mile of yarn. I have to do some measuring and some math. I think I may get to doing some spinning with my Scottish drop spindle tonight. (I can't spell the name or pronounce the name of it but I'll share a pic of it once I get the present project off of it, hopefully next week.)

No comments: