roses

roses

Friday, January 03, 2020

Rambling thoughts

Today has been a long day. I didn't sleep very well last night. I had surreal nightmares about living under my parents' roof and plotting my escape with Beloved's help. Somehow, Wile E Coyote and Yosemite Sam were about to square off over things too. The coyote of chaos being the one in my corner.

The kids have been ok today when they weren't bickering and getting in each other's face. I put them to making themselves toys out of the remainder of the blank peg dolls that I had kicking around in a bag. I was wondering what to do with them and I realized that I had the instant solution to their boredom. They sat and were coloring and drawing on the peg dolls for about an hour. One was making fire fighters and the other was making extras for their version of Star Wars.

I got most of the dishes washed today. All that is left are a few pans. I am hoping that I can manage to get all of my dishes done this weekend and put them away so that I have room on the counter to chop veggies for my batch cooking this weekend. I started some of that by making eggs in the oven for me to have with my breakfasts most of the week. Next, I have the veggie hash to make. Theoretically, it is an easy recipe.

Tomorrow is going to be less than fun. I have to go get my blood drawn at the lab station in Geneseo. I haven't been there before. I don't know what their bedside manner is like. I am a little nervous about it. It's a fasting blood draw so I can't eat anything until after I am seen. I hope that the line is short and that there are not hiccups in the process. I'm a difficult stick because I have small veins that roll. The lab draw here in town had someone who was really good and got me on one try every time. They're no longer at that site. Maybe I'll be lucky and they were rotated to the Geneseo site and I'll see them there.

I have been keeping within my carb limits, for the most part. It's been frustrating over the holidays. Piles of cookies and eating schedules getting thrown off have made it difficult. Beloved had to sit down with some one and explain to them the reason I had to have my own special pizza and I couldn't eat the homemade pizza (as much as I wanted to) was because the specialty pizza that we buy at Walmart is super thin crust and means that the carb load is low enough I can actually eat it.

I am getting back into the habit of keeping my food log. Between the last two months of depression, busy work, and dealing with holiday stuff, I fell out of that habit. I kept track in my head as I was eating to make sure that I was eating properly. I just wasn't writing anything down. I am now writing things down as I am eating or shortly after. It is frustrating and I am sick of doing it. But, diabetes doesn't take a day off.

No comments: