roses

roses

Monday, January 09, 2017

Monday Menu!

A part of my doing new stuff is that I'm going to start sharing my menu for the week on Mondays. I have two reasons for doing this. One is it helps me remember to write it up Saturday evening. Two, it helps me remember to check it for the week on Monday, this way I know what to get out of the freezer to thaw out.

Here's the menu for this week.


In case you can't read my handwriting here's what I've got there.

Sunday: breakfast - chocolate donuts; lunch - sandwiches; dinner - pizza (We do homemade pizza.)

Monday: breakfast - cereal; lunch - salad & soup; dinner - cheese burgers & carrot salad (recipe below)

Tuesday: breakfast - cereal; lunch - soup; dinner - tatertot bake with ham & peas (recipe is on my Pinterest page. will link HERE.)

Wednesday: breakfast - muffins (I have a mix for apple muffins.); lunch - salad & sandwich; dinner - spaghetti with meat balls, salad, garlic bread

Thursday: breakfast - cereal; lunch - leftovers; dinner - shake-n-bake chicken, mashed potatoes (instant), broccoli

Friday:breakfast - eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy; lunch - leftovers; dinner - meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes, wilted spinach salad (this is on my Pinterest page, link HERE.)

Saturday:  breakfast - cereal; lunch - leftovers; dinner - chicken paprikash, egg noodles, brussels sprouts (the chicken paprikash recipe is from my late aunt Shawn, I have it in a cookbook here. I'll ask my aunt Adrian if I can share it.)

♥ RECIPES ♥

Carrot Salad (I got this from my Mom. We had it all the time when I was a kid.)

5lbs carrots, cleaned, peeled and grated
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup whipped salad dressing

In a large bowl, mix together until everything is well coated. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serves 5-7 people

It doesn't freeze that great. If you save it in the fridge, you will want to eat it within a few days. Otherwise, the stuff will get a little soupy as the water comes out of the carrots as it sits.

No comments: