roses

roses

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Making Changes: Wk 2 - Organize MORE!

I am finding that the work I did last week to get my mental health journal straightened out has been really helpful. I am also finding that the work I have been doing on my daily planning binder is working out well for me too. I have unearthed everything for my printer. I will be testing to see if I can even hook it up to my lap top and if my ink cartridges still work. With luck, everything will work properly.

I have been steadily working my way through my notebooks and organizing my materials. Reformatting my divination notebook has me wondering if I need to just scrap going over things in paper on that front and switch to digital. I am seriously debating setting up a database to track my divination notes. I want to do a better job of keeping that organized as I get back into the practice of doing tarot readings again. I still haven't decided if I am going to be doing them for hire again. I have left my Keen site set up, this way I still have this option open. I just don't want to put myself in the position of over exerting myself when I should be focusing on other things.

My planning materials for writing are slowly taking shape. I have the planning stuff for one blog taken care of (mostly). I still have to draw up the charts for tracking things like blog views and determine what good goals are. I am honestly unsure what good goals are for blog views and what not. I am also questioning if I should be focusing on numbers or if I should be focusing on content.

I have a copy of Artful Blogging. It is an awful pretty magazine. But the recommendations are .. well, they're self-contradictory. One person says focus on numbers and another person says focus on content. And then yet another person says focus on what you feel. It is all very confusing. I feel like I am looking for rules where there are none.

My notebook/binder for handcrafts is still a mess. I have done more notation about what I have been making on my blog than I have been in there. I think this is because the thing is a mess and I am still trying to finish a knitting project that is in it. Trying to schedule my day to make time for handcrafts whilst schedule new projects to make for Yule this year is getting frustrating. So, I am probably going to sit down with Beloved and try to make sense of it all with him.

No comments: