roses

roses

Friday, April 11, 2014

Break time!

I'm making good progress on this manuscript. I am just finishing up the section discussing the interpretations of the major arcana. I expect that the minor arcana will move along faster. My word count is pretty good for the fact that I had lost a week of time. Today, I am at an average of one thousand six hundred and something words. I am going to try to bump that number up a bit. This way I get myself to where I have to write about a thousands words a day to finish this thing by the end of the month.

I am a little over a quarter of the way finished with the manuscript by NaNoWriMo standards. Considering how challenging this thing has been, when I hit 50k, I may just call it done. I am pleased with the fact that my research into tarot is finally getting put to use, though. It's one thing to be just reading the cards. It is so entirely and utterly different to be writing about how to read them.

On the whole, I think that writing non-fiction agrees with me. I just think that I picked a project that was boatloads harder then what I should have done for my first long non-fiction piece. But, I tend to do that when I am working on stuff. I'll pick the hard thing first and then go about wondering why it's so bloody hard. Kinda ridiculous of me, but it seems to be a habit of mine.

I've been doing well sticking to my diet. I allowed myself a cheat day today. Breakfast was vegetarian but I had the other half of my delicious sub from last night for lunch today. Dinner tonight is going to be pizza. I need to scrounge around in the kitchen to see if I have any packets of yeast kicking around. I don't think just the one pizza shell is going to be enough for my boys. If I don't have any yeast, I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing to compensate.

Maybe I'll make the pizza for Beloved and I. Then give the boys their favorite thing for dinner: pizza sandwiches. I suppose you could say that they're still getting pizza, just in a different format. I made pork chops for dinner Wednesday night. The kids flat out refused to touch it. I tried cutting them up into chunks and giving them ketchup to dip it in, but no dice. I am pretty sure that they're not going to like it next week when I make pork chops again. The true horrors of it all will be that I'm going to do the same thing I did this week if they refuse to touch it. I'll just make 'em have it again for dinner the next day.

I will not tolerate them refusing to even try something just because it isn't their favorite food in the whole world. My kitchen is not a restaurant. And yes, the boys have been hearing that phrase a fair amount over the last few days. Fortunately, however, tonight is pizza night so they shouldn't get too up in arms over this.

No comments: