roses

roses

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Oh boy!

I just read the weather forecast and they're calling for it to get into the high 60s tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this. It looks like we just might be done with the white stuff after all. I know the boys are going to want to play outside when they get home from school today. I'm going to get out my gardening gloves and pull some of the dead plant matter out of that spot I'm trying to reclaim for a flowerbed while they run around the yard for a while today.

If I can manage it, I will get the old soil from my plantings last year down and the plastic sheeting that I bought at the store over it all tomorrow before the rain moves in. Between ripping up the old, dead weeds and putting down the soil, I should have a reasonably good base to start planting things in when the weather gets consistently above the mid 40s. I am now at the point where I am starting to actively plan what I want to start planting and such.

I am really hoping to grow some of those miniature sweet peppers that I have been really enjoying from the store. I'd like to get some flowers going too. As fun as it was to grow peas last year, I think I am going to put down something else where I have that long narrow planter and trellis. I'm thinking about Morning Glory.

No comments: