roses

roses

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Spaghetti Squash & ramblings

Last night, I took that spaghetti squash I bought when I got groceries on Saturday and cooked it up. I found it quite delightful. The kids wouldn't even look at it. Beloved wasn't interested, but that's ok. It meant that I was able to have some for lunch today. Unlike pasta, it didn't lose it's pleasant al dente texture in the fridge over night. Reheated, it was still delightful. I am curious now, if I can do the same 'shredding' technique on other winter squash. It really was a fluke that I found spaghetti squash so cheap last weekend.

I have been having a hard time deciding what I'm going to be carrying in my purse as my go to anxiety soothing project. I have a tiny spindle but it is a bit difficult to do spinning in some of the places where I have had to go. Knitting needles are a touch long (except for the sock needles but those have a sock on them) and most of my projects require large bags to contain them. I am getting bored with knooking, again. I've just been making a strip of fabric. Like I said, I am getting bored.

I saw a pretty patchwork style crochet blanket hanging out on somebody's laundry line as Snuggle Bug and I were walking home from the errand I had to run. I am tempted to start making squares and seam them together into some kind of creation. I suppose that is one way to use up the small balls of yarn I have kicking around.

No comments: