roses

roses

Friday, July 13, 2012

Continuing on a theme...

I had this pop up on my Facebook page and I thought to myself 'Wow, these are really clever." I especially loved the idea of taking a shelving unit and turning it into seating with storage underneath handled by way of labeled baskets. I need to do a few measurements to see if I can make some unused shelf space work in such a fashion. I know the modestly sized plastic boxes work relatively well but I wish to have things more accessible for the children.

I'm going to teach them to put their toys away before bed. I want to make it easy for them to put things away. Clearly labeled boxes and a set location for them will help things considerably. I've moved many of the toys out of the room in an effort to cut down on the destruction. It's done little. The room still gets completely destroyed on a regular basis. A part of me says that I should removed all but the toys they play the most with.

I am not sure if this is something that will work to reduce some of their misbehavior that has become a recent issue. Some experts and quite a few other parents say that this helps things considerably. I am reaching a point where I would love to see my sweet boys playing happily on the floor rather then flinging things around and just dumping toys before moving on to something else.

No comments: