roses

roses

Monday, July 09, 2012

Procrastination nation...

I can't think of anything else for the parody of Conjunction Junction. Ah well. I'm not as good at it as hubby is.

I've spent my last hour and a half watching random videos on youtube, doing some knooking, and generally sitting around and being lazy. I figured out how to do the purl stitch by way of a video. So now I have a section of stockinette stitch and a section of garter stitch on my little sampler that I am working on.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about knooking. On one hand it is proving to be a lot more portable then my knitting, which makes it ideal for keeping in my purse as an antidote to anxious fidgeting. At the same time, I am finding some of the stitches (specifically the purl stitch and switching between knit and purl for stockinette) to be awkward. I'm hoping that they will get easier as I progress. I also haven't the slightest idea what I'm going to do with this sampler.

I am trying to help a friend learn to do knooking. She has some difficulties with anxiety too. I figured that some sort of handcraft may be helpful to her too. We'll see, I guess.

No comments: