roses

roses

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So, I'm going to ramble on the topic of politics.

Ok, I haven't said much about politics here. I think, however, I am going to start blogging some on that topic. After all, this is my soapbox here on the internet and I have a captive audience. [insert evil laughter here] So, I figure, why not give y'all a taste of what's on my mind when it comes to this topic as well. I recognize, there are going to be people who oppose what I say and even be disgusted and/or insulted by my perspectives on various political issues.

That is perfectly fine by me because I know that there are issues and viewpoints that I will feel the same way about. I promise, I will do my best to be inoffensive in language and respectful of everyone. Flames that are vulgar will be deleted. Flames that are ad hominem attacks are also going to be deleted. It doesn't matter if they're directed at myself or at others who are posting comments. Hitting below the belt is just unsportsmanlike and has no real grounds in any kind of debate.

On the matter of politics, I will do my best to make sure that any discussion that pops up in the comments along this line of topic is open. I recognize that people are going to want to attempt to dictate to me how I should reply to issues and possibly get offended when I don't follow their lead. I'd like to remind people that this is my blog.

If you have a response that it longer than three to four sentences, please blog about it on your blog and provide the link to mine. When you do blog about it, post a link to my blog, so that your readers can follow the whole story. If I have a response that is longer then three or four sentences, I too shall blog about it and either specifically reference your comment with a link to my blog entry that the comment is attached to or reference your blog reply/rebuttle with a link.

I feel that it is only fair to attribute things to their proper sources.

All of this said, I hope that you enjoy this line of discussion. I have a feeling it is going to get lively.

No comments: