roses

roses

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wow, I made him laugh!

You know, I realize that telling jokes to an infant is kinda pointless. At the same time, I was beginning to get a little desperate for trying to find away to make him laugh. Prior to last night, my little boy had only laughed once for me. That was while we played a quick game of peek-a-boo at the doctor's office as I was getting him ready to go home, about a month ago.

Oh, but last night did we have a winner! I made him laugh pretty good, just at the wrong time. Him laughing is good, spitting up while laughing is not so good. We were playing on his mat and I tapped a ball that was suspended over his face. It brushed against his cheek as I said "kaboom" and he giggled. I did it again and he laughed. We spent about 5 minutes this way until he got sick. Next time, I think I'll wait longer then 20 minutes after he has a bottle to play that way again.


In the picture above, we're playing 'binky-tag'. Obviously, you can see he enjoys it. This little monster will spit out his pacifier to have you put it back in for him to spit out again for what feels like hours. It's good that he enjoys it, because it makes the whole drama less maddening. Seeing that huge smile on that little face... well, it suddenly makes 'binky-tag' more fun for the grown-up involved too.

My little boy still hates baths. He does, however, love playing with the towel. Just the other night, he was trying to pull it up over his head and kick it off. To say the least, I found it to be the cutest thing to watch. The thing that I am really astounded by, however, is how fast he's growing. That picture up there is a little over a month old. He's grown much more since then. It's jaw-dropping to realize that this cute little outfit just won't fit him now. While he doesn't like playtime on his belly, he's getting better about it. I figure if we keep at it, he'll stop screaming when I put him down on his belly to go wash dishes or make myself a cup of tea.

He's been hitting several of the milestones for his age fairly well. Even so, I can't help but feel a little worry that he hasn't figured out how to roll over yet. I know that it may be a bit early for me to worry about that, but it's a mild source of anxiety. I also find myself wondering what on earth I'll do about getting this more more socialization. I realize that with the cold weather, I can't exactly walk down to the library with him. A 15 minute stroller ride in the middle of winter just isn't the same as a 15 minute stroller ride in the middle of autumn.

That said, I've got to admit things are going really well. Now, I just need to figure out how to make him laugh more often and we'll be set.

No comments: