roses

roses

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Blah.

My husband's asleep right now. The boy is taking a nap. Some would figure that I'd be thrilled because I get some time to myself. Instead, I just feel bored and lonely. Kinda dopey, I suppose, but I do. Perhaps I'll do some cleaning to entertain myself. Cheezy free games in the internet just don't hold the usual amusement/brain cell killing value.

I'm making alot of progress on getting christmas presents done. I have a purse and a cellphone cozy to sew together. I've been crocheting the squares for a chess board for my eldest niece. I believe we have enough loose chess pieces kicking around here to make two full sets and a partial. I've finished the hats for my other brother's kids. I even got two bibs done for the 7 month old. I'm debating if I should make her a little placemat for the table. If I have time after I get the chess board done, I might do that.

I'm at a loss for what to make for my son. I'm getting aggrivated working on this little crib quilt. I don't think it'll be done in time for christmas. I may sew him a nice little outfit with some of the fabric I have kicking around here. I still have two little aprons to make for my husband's brother's kids. The girls are starting to learn about cooking from their parents, so I'm going to give them some play pots and a pair of aprons. Maybe I'll make some child sized pot holders too, I don't know.

I finished the blanket my husband wanted for christmas, but I really don't feel it is a good gift for him. I want to do something different, something... unexpected and nicer. I will figure it out eventually. In the meantime, however, I think I'll work on getting some cleaning done in the living room. Maybe I'll balance the checkbook after I wash the dishes in the kitchen. I don't know, because that quilt still needs pieced together and the remaining squares need crocheted for that chessboard. I'll figure it out eventually, I suppose.

No comments: