roses

roses

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ugh, I hate the holiday shopping season.

I just need to get this off my chest...

Will you people knock it off with the stupid behavior!?!?!

Just because the holidays are coming doesn't mean you have a free pass to be rude and obnoxious!


Ok, I think I can proceed forward with out exploding.

I think.

I went to the store last night to purchase a few things that I needed for the baby. I encountered a madhouse and the inmates were running the asylum! Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think that it was good form to be running thru the store with the cart out in front of you at arms length when you're clearly over the age of 9 and the aisles have more then one person in them at a given time. Perhaps it's just me, but I think that can qualify as a bad idea!

My opinion, however, matters as much as... well, I just won't complete that statement because it's more then a little bit rude. Those of you who have witnessed my occasional forays into vulgarity would have found my completed sentiment to be far more offensive then past statements. So, let's just say that my opinion on this matter is not shared by the general population of shoppers at this time of year, apparently.

I can say in all honesty, there is precious little on this earth that can prove more offensive then the holiday shopper when you have the very item they are seeking. Especially when you have just purchased the last of the store's inventory of said item and are walking out of the store as they are entering. I swear, I thought I was going to get mugged over a baby seat! Never mind the fact that the store in the plaza across the street have many, many more of the exact same item for about $10 more. Never mind the fact that the next shipment of them was going to be in tonight!

No, I was apparently deserving of the vile looks of hatred and the malignant comments as I walked past. I actually had some one insinuate that I had stolen the item. I don't generally want to slap complete strangers, but that made my hand twitch and I wanted that woman to send a post card from next week as to what the weather was like. What is it with people this time of year?

Is it really that hard to use the simplest of manners and a little bit of courtesy? A few more "please" and "thank-you"s would probably work alot better then shoving the woman with a baby in her cart out of your way! Granted, that didn't happen to me. It happened to a little Hispanic woman who looked like she was about to burst out into tears just like her infant daughter. It makes me furious to see this kind of stuff.

Sure, you're busy and you have alot of people to shop for. You have a tight time frame and a tighter budget. It doesn't excuse your acting like a moron. It doesn't excuse bad behavior from your children, spouse, mother-in-law, or anybody else that's with you because you're shopping for the perfect present. It's not the things that matter, you idiots!

It's the People that matter.






Yeah, I really do hate this time of year. Thank god, I didn't have to go shopping on Black Friday. I may have actually lost my cool and decked some one for trying to trample me and the boy.

No comments: