roses

roses

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Overzelous... no, not really.

Here's some pictures from the summer and from last month. I suppose my husband did get a little happy with the camera, but the trade off was some spectacular pictures. I've been making things for the boy since I found out I was pregnant. Here's some of the photos to show what I made.

The first is from when I was 8 months pregnant. In the picture is two sweaters I made and a pair of booties. The blue sweater and booties are the ones that he wore in the hospital (because they made the maternity wing so cold that a meat locker would seem tropical in comparison).

Next is the sweater that I insist looks like melted crayons. My husband begged me first to make the sweater and then to make him a blanket from this yarn. I still have a partial skein of that yarn. It's being used for some snow hats for my brother's daughters. I don't think I'll be able to get away from it! This picture is of the sweater in progress.



Now, I struggled with this yarn. I had several different patterns that I attempted. Because of how this yarn was dyed, none of them came out not looking hideous. To say the least my husband, who loves to try to blind me with the color combinations he comes up with, was quite entertained.

Finally, my mother gave me the pattern for this sweater. I made a few mistakes working on it, but even so, it didn't look completely ugly when it was done.


This is the completed sweater. All it's missing is the crayon box stuck to it! :)



There is one more picture that I'd like to share. This is of the red sweater set that I made. I put my little boy in this outfit for his first trip to the library. He may not be old enough for a library card, but it doesn't mean he can't go over there and look around.



This was to be his coming home outfit but the weather was far too warm. I had a back up outfit also, which was used for his portrait that went out with his birth announcements to family and friends. It was too hot for the back up outfit too! It was so hot that day that he was wearing the onesie that I had for him and a pair of soft mitts with stars on them.

No comments: