roses

roses

Monday, February 03, 2020

Monday Menu, Week of 2/3/2020

I'm not quite at 100% but I'm doing much better than I was two weeks ago. I'm just a bit woozy and only mildly congested now. If only this cold would go away for good, I think my blood sugar levels would drop back into the normal range. Right now, they're mildly elevated and it's been making me tired and cranky. For some reason, if my blood sugar levels are around 200 mg/dl I feel ravenously hungry. The fact that I can't eat something because it will make that go higher just makes me cranky and grumpy. Nothing like feeling super hungry and being unable to do anything about it. Like I said, when this stupid cold is done, I think it'll drop back down to 175 or 160. My goal for this year is to get myself down to 130 as my fasting blood sugar level. I don't know if diet and exercise can do it, but I'm going to try. My weight is stable but my pants size is dropping. I guess even a little bit of walking every day adds up to gaining some muscle after all.

Here's this week's menu. Breakfast is oatmeal and an egg for me. The kids have breakfast at school as well as lunch. My lunches are going to be leftovers again. And Beloved's got his sandwiches and ramen as per usual.

Sunday: Pizza
Monday: Burgers and salad
Tuesday: Tacos / taco salad
Wednesday: Meatball subs and salad
Thursday: General Tso chicken / chicken nuggets
Friday: Pork chops with mashed potatoes and California mix veggies
Saturday: Chili

No comments: