roses

roses

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Ugh.

I don't know what to write. I'm not doing horridly but I'm not doing well, either. I haven't been sleeping well. I have been having bad nightmares/flashbacks to living in my parents' house. My anxiety has ratcheted up kinda high despite the medications I am on. Something about February makes it really hard. Maybe it's the fact that I'm in the dead of winter here. Maybe it's the fact that there are multiple trauma anniversary dates in this month. I don't know.

I've been struggling to write. It's been hard to get myself motivated to blog because I feel like I'm just writing for no one to read. The relative silence that my blogs get depresses me. I am just tired of feeling like I'm nobody. I know that my feeling like nobody is a reflection of my boatloads of psychological trauma. It still is painful. Over the next month, I'm going to be practicing the Filianic version of lent called Moura. It's the final month of the Filianic calendar and the fifth season. Sounds a little odd, but it actually works if you look at the calendar structure. It's like an intercalculary month. Their calendar has 13 months. And there is a intercalculary date called hiatus (which is 2 days during a leap year) to make the calendar match up, roughly, with the Julian calendar. I prefer the Filianic calendar because its easier to keep track of, every month has 28 days and every season has 3 months, except for Moura which is one month of 28 days for the season.

I'm focusing my efforts on practicing self discipline. Among the things I am working on is building better exercise habits, building more social activity in my life, and doing more writing. It's also going to be a month of focused cleaning this way when spring arrives my home is ready. Right now, it's pretty much a disaster. I'm having a hard time motivating the kids to clean up their messes. It's overwhelming. I also have a ton of laundry in my room to get sorted out. I think I am going to be donating some of the shawls that I have in my collection to charity. It's frustrating, but I don't need so many shawls.

No comments: