roses

roses

Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday Menu

Please forgive the lack of a picture. My menu was just written up as a list of dinners. I need to make new organizer sheets for the big household binder. (And little ones for this upcoming week for my daily planner, as well as reconcile all the calendars. It's a thing I do on the last weekend of the month now. It seems to help me stay on top of things.)

Sunday (today) is Pizza night. The kids wanted their pizza to be half pepperoni and half extra cheese. So, I made a pizza like that, of which they each ate only one slice and five carrot sticks for dinner. So, Beloved and I are having the remaining pizza instead of my making another one for us.

Monday's breakfast is going to be waffles. My lunch is going to be chicken salad in one of those Aldi's brand (Fit & Active) wraps that I have leftover from last week. I used something like half the package last week. I'm going to try to use the rest this week. I am also going to be having some fresh spinach with it. I'm leaning towards chopping up some tomato and throwing a little bit of shredded mozzarella together with it and some italian dressing. Dinner is going to be hamburgers, as per usual. I am going to make carrot salad to go with it.

I am starting to make lunches and snacks for Beloved to take into work. This is less a matter of cutting down on eating out and more a matter of helping him make sure he actually gets to eat something during the day. Because it has gotten really busy over there. I made him a lunch with the leftover chili from last week. I threw some pickled jalapeno peppers on top because he said I made it not spicy enough. I then put some Babybel cheese wheels in the package with half of a naan bread sliced up. I'm pretty sure that he will enjoy it. I also made him a snack for Monday that features two different kinds of nuts (honey roasted peanuts and plain cashews - two of his favorites), two different kinds of cheese, some sliced pepperoni, and some baby carrots. I kinda felt bad about not adding something 'healthy' with all of that.

Tuesday is taco day. I am making them with ground beef - even though I am half tempted to try to find some vegetarian alternative. I've seen some interesting things using lentils. Because everyone in our house prefers soft tacos or basically nachos using corn chips, I didn't bother picking up any hard shell taco shells. I have all the fixings of salsa, sour cream, cheese, and such. I may wind up making myself a taco salad for dinner. I'm not decided yet. Breakfast is going to be cereal because I'm boring like that. My lunch is going to be leftovers from the burgers Monday. Because I finally got more veggie burgers, I'll probably be having that with a salad.

For lunch on Tuesday, I put together some homemade corned beef hash and scrambled eggs for Beloved with some cheese and some horseradish on the side. His snack is pretty much the same as what I had put together for Monday. I also will be sending in a baggie of pretzel mix.

Wednesday is going to be another morning where we have waffles. I am going to be bringing lunch when I am out running errands. So, I am going to be having leftovers from Tuesday in the way of a taco salad. Because I really like taco salad. Dinner is going to be in the crock pot. I am making pulled pork. I will also be making a salad to go with it and a pot of macaroni and cheese. Part of the reason why I am making mac and cheese is because I think it is absolutely awesome with pulled pork. Also, my boys love the stuff and I know that it will be at least one part of dinner that they won't complain about.

The lunch I put together for Beloved on Wednesday is featuring chili again, with the extra jalapeno peppers. I am going to be sending in a small thing of pad thai that I made using the sweet potato noodles (or I might take it and eat it for lunch myself, I'm not decided yet). I will be sending him with basically nachos to go with it. No cheese sauce, though, because he hates the stuff. Instead, it will have the shredded cheddar dropped all over it along with some of the leftover taco beef. Maybe I'll put it on the side and let him dispense with it as he sees fit. Either way, I think he will smile at it. He loves corn chips, so it will help make his day a little better. The snack I put together for Wednesday is a combination of a pair of hard boiled eggs, nuts, and cheese.

Thursday is going to be another cereal day. I am going to be having some of the leftover pulled pork as a cuban sandwich for lunch with a salad. This is, incidentally, the same thing I will be putting together for Beloved's lunch. He kinda loves cuban sandwiches, and I can't exactly argue with him. They are pretty awesome. Dinner is going to be pad thai with chicken. I picked up some mung bean noodles when I was out shopping last week. These things are delicious and good for you. So, I will be using those. I am hoping that I can do something like make some egg drop soup to go with it. If I can't, I won't be overly crushed. The decision to add the egg drop soup was one that I made after I got groceries yesterday.

Friday is going to be a day where we have muffins for breakfast. I have some mix for apple cinnamon muffins that I really need to make. I am going to have leftovers from Thursday for lunch or maybe even make my own homemade ramen noodles. Dinner is going to be chicken cooked in the korma sauce from Aldi's. I'm going to throw some veggies in with it. I have naan to go with it all and I'm going to make some spiced lentils to serve on the side (and save for lunches next week). I haven't decided what is going to happen on the lunch front for Beloved Friday. But I anticipate he will let me know what he is interested in.

Saturday is going to be a cereal day. Dinner is going to be tatertot bake with peas. I know the boys will enjoy it and I am not going to have to fight them to get them to eat.

But, that's the menu for this week.

No comments: