roses

roses

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Monday Menu


This week's menu is pretty simple.

Sunday is pizza night, as per usual. I was planning on making french toast casserole for breakfast but looking at my pantry, I think it is just going to be waffles.

Monday is going to be a busy day because the kids are off from school. (Superintendent's Conference day.) We're going to be having pancakes for breakfast. I picked up two small packages of mini-pancakes. Because I can't manage to make a decent pancake to save my life. We're probably going to be doing leftovers for lunch, but it may turn out to be something else entirely. I'm going to let the kids pick if they are not too much trouble in the morning. Dinner is hamburgers, as per usual. And I will be making my usual peanut butter carrot salad for dinner.

Tuesday is going to be a cereal for breakfast day because we're all going to still be adjusting to the time change. My boys have school, so I am just doing lunch for myself. I made some nice vegetable stew based off of the West African peanut stew and the West African vegetable stew on my Pinterest board. I whipped that up for lunch today and had enough left over for three days of lunches. I didn't put onion in it because the onion I had turned out to have gone bad. And I didn't add chicken to it because I wanted to keep it mostly vegetarian. Dinner this night is going to be baked chicken on root vegetables. I have parsnips, potatoes, carrots, and a squash. While the squash is not a root vegetable, I have been wanting to have squash for a little while now. So it is getting added to the mix.

Wednesday is not going to be pancakes for breakfast because I am pretty sure that the two small packages are not going to last past one morning. I may try to do something like make french toast sticks the night before for the kids to have in the morning. I am going to have oatmeal. Lunch is going to be something I grab while I'm out and about running errands. Dinner is going to be this super tasty pot roast stew that I have in this Cooking for Two cookbook that Beloved and I got as a gift from somebody years ago. The nifty thing about it is that it features a turnip. It is kinda hard to find recipes that feature turnips for some reason. I, however, may be looking in the wrong places too.

Thursday is going to be cereal for breakfast. I've got a big thing of cheerios that we really need to eat up before it goes stale. Lunch is going to be something I grab while I'm out running errands. Dinner will be lentil chili. I am having a hard time finding where I put my container of cashews. I may have to pick up another one when I am out.

Friday is going to be waffles for breakfast. Lunch is going to be that stew I made today. Dinner is going to be General Tso's chicken for Beloved and I. The kids are getting chicken nuggets. I think it will go well.

Saturday is going to be busy. In the morning, I will have to get the pork roast started in the crock pot before I go out to spinning guild with my mother in law. I am going to try to pack a lunch for her and I as I did last week. I need to talk to her to find out what she may be interested in. I want to do what I can to make stuff a delightful little moment of luxury when we're having our day out. If I can manage it, I am going to try to add something involving really awesome, high quality chocolate. Because you gotta have a little chocolate once in a while, right?

I am posting this a few days early. Life looks like it is going to be super busy over the next several days. So, I am putting this up tonight. It is my hope that I am going to get things organized enough to start posting regularly again.

No comments: