roses

roses

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

A Life of Its Own!

Simple changes often lead to bigger changes. That seems to be how it works out. I started keeping a 'Control Journal' after reading about the thing on FLYLady.com and thinking about how it would make it easier to keep track of everything. Somehow, I have found myself at a place where that big ol' binder is not quite enough for me. I realized that lists help me but I needed a daily schedule. And I realize that the big binder was too big for that purpose.

So, I picked up a smaller binder. I put in a few sections already and I am going to be slowly adding to it as I go along. I still use the big binder but it is now where I do my weekly planning and my monthly planning. My daily stuff is in the smaller binder. The first section has my daily agenda.

The times slots are broken up by hour. I highlighted the things that go over an hour. Right now, the yellow highlighter is for my schedule on Keen. If I have to change a block, I put an 'X' through it. If the 'X' is for the whole hour, I block off both blocks of the section. If the 'X' is for a half hour,I block off one section. Less time, I note what time the other thing is happening. Right now, my schedule is in a bit of flux as I get everything ironed out. As you can see there is a lot of 'open' time. I expect this is going to change as I go ahead.

I have a section with my daily task list.That is pretty boring, so I didn't take a picture for you. After
this is a section with my Zone Cleaning lists. If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the daily page, you'll see a note 'Z1'. This indicates that I am working in Zone 1 that day. So, I would open up my binder to the Zone 1 cleaning list. I would then check off what I got done in that 15 minute cleaning session. I anticipate some things are going to be done in only one session and others are going to be done faster. I also anticipate that this is going to turn into even the stuff that takes longer going faster as I get more stuff back to a fairly clean condition most of the time.

It is as though my efforts to put my life in order has taken on a life of its own. I'm not going to complain but I am a bit bewildered. Somehow, in the midst of all of this, I have found time to get stuff like late Yule gifts finished and more time to work on my spinning. I dare say all of this is actually working out well. Despite my having migraines multiple times over the last few weeks (thanks, crazy weather) and my life getting disrupted some by the kids being on break last week, I am still getting stuff done.

Oh, here's the travel coffee mug cozy I made for Kate's dad. It was going to be all crochet but I got annoyed with it. So the bottom of it is about four rounds of double crochet before I just knit it all. When time came to cast off, I was having trouble making it stretchy enough to fit right. So, I whipped out the crochet hook I used to start. I cast off with a single crochet for each stitch and a chain stitch between them. I think it actually came out looking pretty nice. The yarn is from Red Heart. It is called Neon Lights.

No comments: